Terms and Conditions
The legal bits...
By agreeing to work with JPPdesigns Web Design & Development Ltd you agree to the company’s terms and conditions.
- The following terms and conditions apply to both businesses and domestic customers.
- “Client”, “you” & “your” refers to you the person requesting goods or services who accepts JPPdesigns Web Design & Development Ltd Terms and Conditions.
- “JPPdesigns”, “PixelTwist”, “the Company”, “We”, “Ourselves” and “I” refers to JPPdesigns a trading name of JPPdesigns Web Design & Development Ltd.
- Meetings with any member of staff at JPPdesigns are charged at £30 per hour. Unless booked with a package in which you are told different. Meetings that are cancelled within 24hrs are charged at £20, rescheduling a meeting for a later date within a week is free, any time after a week but within one month is charged at £10. You cannot reschedule a meeting more than a month after original meeting.
- All prices include VAT.
- Finalised work is kept as a backup for a maximum of one year.
- Our advertised prices include VAT.
- We accept payment by BACS Transfer, PayPal or Cash.
- Our terms are payment in full within 30 days, or up to 3 days after a project is complete, whichever comes first. S.E.O, Hosting, Printing and Tech Support payments are due immediately.
- A deposit of 50% is required to begin any project. This deposit is non-refundable
- For projects over £2000 a deposit of 25%, of the total project build, is taken to begin the project, a further 50% is taken after 30 days and the final payment is due on project completion.
- All goods and digital assets remain the property of the Company and are not permitted for public or commercial use until paid for in full. For alternative file types, and for all the website files there is a release charge.
- Money that remains unpaid after 30 days will be subject to debt recovery costs set out below:
• Up to £200……… £100
• £200 – £499…….. £150
• £500 – £599…….. £200
• £600 or more…. £250
- Money that remains outstanding 40 days from invoice date will incur late payment interest at the rate of 8% above the prevailing Bank of England’s base rate on the outstanding balance, which will include the recovery costs, until such time as the balance is paid in full and final settlement.
- JPPdesigns understands and will exercise its statutory rights to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
3.0 Wed Design
- All web design and development packages come with two hours free face to face time with a member of staff at JPPdesigns. Meetings after that are charged at £50 per hour and will either be added to your current invoice or a new invoice will be produced.
- The project should take no longer than the agreed time established at the start of the project. If the project needs extra time then you will be notified. If you, the client, is at fault for the delay then an additional charge may be added to your account unless mitigating circumstances apply.
- Help to setup Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIN and any other social networking site is a separate charge. Each social networking sites setup cost is £25 each.
- Site maintenance is free for a set amount of time according to the package chosen.
- If no web package is purchased once the website is published and uploaded, you have 2 weeks from that date to amend any information. After 2 weeks there is a charge of £50 per month (if paid monthly) or £500 for the year.
- Once a web page or section of a page has been finalised by you the customer, it is regarded as complete. After this any dramatic changes are chargeable, this includes changing whole page layouts.
4.0 Search Engine Optimisation
- For Google, Bing and Yahoo, you must allow up to 6 weeks for listing to show.
- On-going campaigns take at least 7 days to initiate. The first 6 weeks of any campaign is the initial period and during this period you may not see a change in your listing as search engines are indexing your site and give a maximum of 6 weeks to fully index your site.
- Site evaluations are chargeable at £30 and will highlight any discrepancies in the sites coding enabling us to help you effectively.
- Additional landing pages are charged at £100 and incur a £25 increase per page on your monthly SEO charge.
- SEO Local campaigns are a 12 month contract. If you wish to cancel your SEO campaign before 6 months, then you must give us 30 days notice. All landing pages will be removed immediately, and any on-site optimisation JPPdesigns has carried out.
- Late payments for SEO campaigns of up to 5 working days are charged at £25.
- If you wish to terminate a 30 day rolling SEO package then you must give us 30 days notice.
- All hosting plans are for a minimum of 12 months.
- Price shown is the monthly charge but must be paid for, for the year.
- Should you require your FTP and Control Panel username and passwords JPPdesigns will not be held liable for any damages to the site and or loss of data. Therefore should a problem need to be rectified the standard maintenance fee applies.
- Failure to pay the hosting renewal on time will result in your website being removed from the server. This will result in a loss of any emails and your website files and data. Should you want your website released there is a fixed fee of £150.
6.0 Graphic Design
- Any crucial changes that need to be made to artwork, must be submitted within 1 week of finalisation. All finalised artwork has a limit of 3 changes unless told otherwise. Discounted artwork has a limit of 1 changes when finalised unless told otherwise.
- CMYK & RGB versions of artwork are supplied in the following formats:- EPS, JPEGS, PNG (Only RGB), on project completion. We do not supply you with the original raw file, if this is needed additional charges apply.
- Finalised artwork is kept as a backup for a maximum of one year. If changes or updates to existing artwork need to be made, the standard design fee applies.
- Full payment is due before artwork is sent to the printers.
- Delivery for printed goods are as followed:
• Up to £25……….. £10
• £50 – £75………… £5
• £75 or more….. FREE
8.0 Tech Support & Repairs
- All tech support excluding phone support is charged at £40p/h, and is charged in 30 minute increments after the first hour.
- Additional charges may apply if hardware needs to be ordered. This will need to be paid for before the hardware is ordered and an appointment will need to be booked.
- Tech Support & Repair appointments that are cancelled within 24hrs are charged at £30, rescheduling an appointment for a later date within a week is free, any time after a week but within 1 month is charged at £15. You cannot reschedule an appointment more than 1 month after original appointment.
9.0 Data Protection
- Any personal data you provide will be held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.